Wednesday, June 17, 2009

From the Market Part 2 - Salmon in Lemon Brodetto with Pea Puree

The Internet is truly an amazing thing. Scratch that, Google is truly an amazing thing. I had some freshly shelled peas from the farmer's market that were close to reaching their three day limit. My husband and I were in the mood for salmon. A quandary on how to combine the two + Google = one delicious meal.

Salmon in Lemon Brodetto with Pea Puree courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis and the foodnetwork.com. A modern take on a traditional fish stew, this was probably one of the prettier meals I've put together; I'm afraid the picture doesn't quite do it justice. It was a great mix of textures with the crisp lemon broth with sauteed shallots, smooth pea puree mixed with parmesan, and the golden crusted fillet. The tangy lemon, savory peas and sweet salmon lends flavor for any mood, too.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin