Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dupont Circle Farmer's Market


So I may now be a little farmer's market obsessed. After picking up a few tops from Ann Taylor Loft, I stumbled upon the Dupont Circle Farmer's Market. While hearing about this market for years, I typically visited Eastern Market for my mega fresh produce shopping. I could not get over what I have been missing! And (almost) in my backyard. 

To add to yesterday's bounty, I picked up:
  • tomatoes on the vine
  • Yukon gold potatoes
  • assorted mushrooms
  • onions
  • gazpacho
  • buffalo chipotle chorizo (from Cibola Farms)
I plan to make a Spanish style tortilla with today's buffalo chipotle chorizo and yesterday's garlic scapes. And for side dishes, yesterday's asparagus (roasted) and today's assorted mushrooms (sauteed).

This morning I added some of yesterday's Keswick Creamery Herbes de Provence cheese into my scrambled eggs. Delicious! I'll post some more pics and recipes soon of how I use all of this good food in the coming week.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin