Friday, February 20, 2009

Tahini Dressing



This one comes from Julie. She says, "I actually made something that tasted so good I wanted to sing it from my rooftop but instead I remembered your blog." Personally, I'm thrilled that Julie remembered Beets and Bonbons as a way to share her favorite recipes, but singing the dressing's praises from her rooftop would have made for an excellent story! Reminds me of the new Dunkin Donuts coffee commercial. Have you seen it?

Julie uses this dressing as a veggie dip and also a spread for wraps. She suggests some fresh veggies and shrimp as a filler. Sounds delicious!! Can't wait to try it, myself!

Tahini Dressing

8oz of tahini (I like Joyva brand best - it's in an orange tin)
a few squirts of lime
3 minced garlic cloves or some garlic powder
1 tbsp cilantro
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper

Put all in blender or food processor, adding just enough water to make it "blendable." It should be a thick, creamy consistency.

Enjoy!

[Photo by Editrix, available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial license.]

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin