Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Superfoods


I see a trend here. Looking back over the past few posts, I seem to be all about blueberries. Good thing, since they are one of the foods often recognized as a superfood - a food that, by itself, has incredible health benefits, whether it be antioxidants, dietary fiber, vitamin C, or the like.

Doing a little more research, it looks like beets fall into this category too. At least by some accounts. Now to prove that bonbons are good for you, and I'll be set. (Perhaps if they are made of dark chocolate!)

I don't know how much about superfoods has been proven, but I do know that incorporating any of these into your diet can't hurt too much. Here is one list of superfoods, as a guide:

  • Beans
  • Blueberries
  • Broccoli
  • Oats
  • Oranges
  • Pumpkin
  • Salmon
  • Soy
  • Spinach
  • Tea (green or black)
  • Tomatoes
  • Turkey
  • Walnuts
  • Yogurt
Enjoy!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin