Saturday, February 5, 2011

... and Baby Food?



I'm thinking I should rename this blog - Beets, Bonbons and Baby Food! At least it would be a little more relevant to my life right now; I can't remember the last time I ate a beet and I'm certainly not experimenting with new bonbon recipes... ah, motherhood. I am, however, perfecting the technique of steaming and pureeing. I've mastered the Beaba Baby Food Maker - cooking carrots? Fill the water up to level 3. Pears? Level 2 and pour out the steaming water before pureeing. Have just one random zucchini squash and one random apple - combine and steam to make Samantha's next meal!


This past week Samantha turned 9 months old and we started introducing meat to her diet. I have not, yet, been able to bring myself to puree chicken or beef, so I succumbed to breaking my streak of home-made meals and purchased jarred food. I settled on Earth's Best Organic Baby Food - the dinner variety pack from Diapers.com. Samantha's first meat dinner was Sweet Potato and Chicken, and she loved it! We've also added in finger foods: Puffs, avocado, banana slices, and cheese. I'm amazed at how well she can eat these solid foods with no teeth! Finally, it appears that yogurt will become a mainstay around this kid's house. It is very hard to find full-fat yogurt in the grocery store, so I settled on the more expensive Yo Baby brand from Stoneyfield. (I've just learned that you can print coupons from their website!)


It's been a lot of fun to introduce Samantha to new foods. And so far, it's only the green beans that cause her to fuss. Frankly, I don't blame her.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin